« end transmission | Main | OCD »

frisky dingo

More work on the C10. I replaced the LF wheel bearings. They looked a little burnt and felt a little rough. Right ones are worse. They're next.
I replaced the LF brake hose because it appeared to be holding pressure to the brake. Well, there was still some residual pressure. I thought maybe defective hose (it happens). After waayyy too much time trying to decide that the master cylinder actually was defying physical laws, I stuck a known good one on there I had laying around.

Son of a pink bottomed monkey.
Defective master cylinder in a way i've never seen.
20,000 brake inspections and this is the first one I found holding pressure like this.
(no residual valve, push-rod adjustment fine... for those in the know)

So there's still a few hours of light. Enough time to tackle the RF bearings, brake hose, and RF upper ball joint. I took pics of the ball joint. after jump.

It's riveted.
Heat rivet head with Indiana socket set, chisel off head with air hammer, repeat.
Use bolts provided with new ball joint to install. Ta-daa!
I used to have to do this alot. I'm out of practice though.
click pic for flickr and before/after


"MASTER CYLINDER!!" -Xander Crews